In Fine Feather

1. Fig. well dressed; of an excellent appearance. (Alludes to a bird that has clean, bright, and flawless feathers.)
2. Fig. in good form; in good spirits.

Whole30

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Lets Have a Baby la la la



Guys. Let me start off by saying I am so grateful for my Owen. He is so rotten, and so awesome, I love him to pieces!! But, I am so frustrated. I'll just cut straight to the problem. I have been trying to get pregnant for ten months. TEN. I feel like a spoiled rotten brat being mad, worried, and frustrated because I know there are people who try for a lot longer, or people who can't conceive at all. But now I don't mind being a little selfish because I am hurt, and no matter what there will always be someone who has it worse than me, so when is the appropriate time to share? I have been wanting a baby since Owen turned one, so I was just waiting for my cutie husband to be on the same page. Finally he was so we literally got busy right away, if you know what I mean ;) When we found out I was pregnant with Owen we were surprised because we had not been trying, so this whole trying thing is new to me!
I have been tracking my cycle, and ovulation times long before we started trying to get pregnant. I wanted to be familiar with my body, and timing because I wanted to get pregnant when I wanted to get pregnant. When David decided he was ready for another baby he said he didn't want this to be a chore, and still wanted it to be fun so not to talk to him about cycles and ovulation because that's a big turn off to talk about lady stuff I guess? I don't blame him! So I have kept my lips zipped. I have not been on birth control for over 4 years, I have had a plethora of ovulation kits, and pregnancy tests in the bathroom so surely he has seen them.
People are always asking me when I am going to have another baby and I joke with them about how Owen is enough for me, but it's a lie. I have always hated when people made comments about how Owen is almost 3 it's time for another because I have always felt like trying to conceive and being early in pregnancy is a very intimate thing and should be kept a secret between two people, and sometimes with parents, or a close friend. Why though? Why can't people know? I have always heard that you should not say anything just in case of a miscarriage. But if I ever miscarry I want people I am friends with to know, It would be so heartbreaking and so I would want people to know why I was sad so they could just let me be sad for a little while, and maybe give me a hug. I don't want to pretend to be okay when I am not, so that's why I am sharing this post. I am not okay with NOT having another baby. Owen needs a brother (or sister! I won't be picky!).
I have talked to my doctor about my concerns and she wanted me to wait until I had been trying for 6 months, so I waited, then I decided to clean up my eating a lot, and lose some weight to see if that would help my body before bringing it back up with her. That was the #1 reason I started Whole30. I have done so much reading on how to tell the minute your body is ovulating (with out tests), ovulating in general, cycles, tips and wives-tales to help, and so far it's been a bust. Whole30 has not let me down so far I lost 18 pounds, haven't had problems with IBS or geographical tongue, and just feel better. It is supposed to help in a lot of cases of infertility and so many other health problems. This is the last thing to check off of my Whole30 list. If anyone has any tips, thoughts, stories, or anything I would love to hear them.

Ahhhh...I think it's time to go to the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..