In Fine Feather

1. Fig. well dressed; of an excellent appearance. (Alludes to a bird that has clean, bright, and flawless feathers.)
2. Fig. in good form; in good spirits.

Whole30

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Organization

When I first started reading up on the Whole30 one of the things they want you to do to prep for the lifestyle was clean and organize your house. I really try to be a good house keeper, but it can be hard sometimes! The older Owen gets (or is it the older I get?) the easier it seems to be to keep up on house chores.
A couple years ago I created a list of house chores, and what day to complete them on. I had it written in pen on a lined piece of paper, and then stuck it in a plastic sleeve. It was far from fashionable but it was so helpful!

This is the chart I created for my home. It has changed in design, but the chores are the same, although there are more chores that are not on this list ( yes, I know how to spell furniture ;).

Having a good chore list and actually doing them helps you stick to your meal plans, it helps you eat your meals at a good time, and even the same time everyday.
Schedules are important. My counters are clean, my dishes are done and I don't have to spend and hour cleaning before I can start chopping up veggies.

Seriously, I am not saying my house is clean 24/7 because it is not. Other things that have helped me keep a cleaner house are
scheduling semi- regular pick ups from the local donation center. If something does not have a place, junk it! I always had this laundry basket in my room with matchless socks, random articles of clothing that I didn't wear, much less have a place for. Just throw it out and start clean!
Set aside days once a week, or twice a month to DEEP clean, and put everything where it belongs!
I keep my alarm set for 7:00 am every morning, except Mondays I wake up at 5:00am. When I don't sleep in, and laze about I get so much more done. I also try to be in bed by 10:00pm..sometimes it's earlier, sometimes it's later. Such is life.
I write down everything. I mean everything, even if it already happened or was last minute. I keep a very detailed planner, and it works wonders.
Keep a grocery list going on the fridge, when something runs out write it down.
We have some super awesome stores here that are full of amazing bargains, but guess what? Every time I go I buy useless cheap stuff that clutters my house! It might be a good deal, but if you don't need it, it's really not a good deal at all. I stay clear of those stores now to prevent my house from filling up with junk!

Be optimistic, set goals and fulfill them!



I want to know what you do that helps you stay clean, organized, set goals, and all in all be a better spouse/parent/friend/etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..